Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Request to Google to Re-instate Two Removed Posts.

I apologise for a slight change of plans, advertised posts to follow this brief aside.

I apologise twice to readers of this blog, but I have only just become aware of the removal of two posts 25 March 2013 "The SERDE Penola Road Sale to Bill DeGaris" and 26 March 2013 "TFTIM: Lawyer Bill DeGaris", after receiving a letter in yesterdays mail (08 April 2013) from DeGaris Lawyers dated 03 April 2013.

This would indicate that the posts were removed at least on or before 03/04/2013.

On the blog menu, the two posts are listed as "Post Unavailable"

When I try to access these posts via Google the titles are there but the text is replaced with the message;
      "In response to a legal request submitted to Google we have removed this post. If you wish, you
       may read more about the request at ChillingEffects.org."

I went to that site, which states a 'student' reviews requests, but that my posts removal had not yet been processed. I have received no notification from Google or Blogspot.

I have faxed a  written request to Google at their Sydney office (02) 9374 4001 asking them for an explanation as to why my blog has been arbitrarily censored without me being notified, indeed at all, and that those two posts be immediately re-instated.

I spoke to Googles Sydney reception (02) 9374 4000, but the lady was unable to put me through to an actual person, advising instead that I should access Google's website.

And yes...thankyou...I am perfectly aware of the scything irony of me using Google to complain about and/or to Google about Google, etc.

I have also faxed DeGaris Lawyers a written request for clarification of the long, rambling, threatening letter dated 03/04/2013.

I have specifically requested these responses today, and will post the results as soon as I can.

Cheers.









No comments:

Post a Comment