Wednesday, March 27, 2013

TFTIM: Former Grant District Council CEO Russell Peate

I wonder if anybody will notice if I quietly shoot myself right in...the...foot....BANG.....ouch, when I note that I technically erred in a previous post when I claimed that DC of Grant Mayor Richard Sage had lied to me by feigning opposition to Wind Turbine legistation at a public meeting, but then only weeks later lodging an official submission that was fully supportive of the same legislation.

Both things happened and I stand by my claim....geez my foot hurts....he did say those things at that meeting and DC Grant did do a supportive submission, but it wasn't Richard Sages signature on that submission; it was CEO Russell Peate's.

I maintain that Mr Sage lied to me and everybody else at that meeting, and that his acceptance of that submission and recent, deceitful behaviour and comments over the Green Point and Acciona/Allendale Project collapses, entirely define his position re Turbines, and how he conducts himself as Mayor...fully deceitfully.

In a different context, it has been repeatedly, specifically alleged to me and/or in front of me, etc, across various conversations and meetings, etc, that this would not be the first time that Russell Peate had signed something or submitted something, etc, without elected Councillors being aware of what was happening.

It is also specifically alleged that he regularly changed minutes of Council meetings and/or other documents.

These allegations are from multiple sources, including from within both District and City Councils.

It must be considered that some of these allegations may be coming from people who simply don't like him, but I believe that the variety of sources indicate that this is a widely held and genuine if not provable belief.

It would take Councillors themselves to step out and speak out, but I can't see that happening any time soon.

However, the external dealings of Council are there for all to see, eg, the chronic corruption and nepotism of the Penola Rd/Millicent Rd/Bunnings land re-zoning followed closely by the Boundary Re-adjustments, all of which directly benefited a serving DC Grant Councillor...not corrupt much...and a big shout out to Mr James.

Russell Peate was also a SERDE Board member when the iconic Penola Rd building was corruptly sold to lawyer Bill DeGaris....see previous post.

Surely there must be an independent investigation of Russell Peates relationship with Acciona re the Allendale Turbine Project.

It appears to a layperson like me that both former CEOs Greg Muller and Russell Peate have treated their communities like personal feifdoms, to be run for their own personal benefit, and that of their mates of course.

Rory McEwen and Don Pegler learned their trade in the DC of Grant....enough said, but please refer to previous posts.   

Whilst we have been at the same functions, I cannot say that I have ever actually exchanged a single word with Mr Peate....and that's just fine by me.

Tomorrow: Four Ways To Use Water

Including a triple water-use dairy as part of an industrialised, intense food production industry that is 100% 'Green'.

Tom Arvo: TFTIM - Commissioner Ted Mullighan













 

No comments:

Post a Comment