Thursday, May 8, 2014

Bloggus Interruptus

Hello y'all, apologies for not doing a proper post today, but I've had 2 Adelaide-based SAPOL anti-corruption detectives executing a search warrant at my home and seizing my laptop. This is the event that I referred to yesterday as happening on my doorstep. When I attended the station this morning at 9AM as agreed with the two detective yesterday, it eventuated  that they came to my home with a search warrant and seized my laptop re; material on the blog.

That much I know and that much I know I can say. It appears that I am 'on report', with a view to having charges laid against me specific to materials on this blog. That is how the officers explained it to me.

As a result they attended my house late this morning and fortunately I was able to have someone there as my support person/witness. The two officers came into my home, had a look about. I gave them my laptop and password, they gave me a receipt. There was a discussion about various issues on the blog, and that was about it.

As it has been explained to me by the officers I'm not banned from blogging, only from mentioning in any way, shape, or form, that specific thing that I am possibly facing charges about. I'm not sure, but I don't think I can even refer to the specific legislation involved.

All things being equal, I will do a proper post tomorrow. Thank you again for your patience and patronage.

No comments:

Post a Comment