Tuesday, May 21, 2013

I See The Problem - It's Me, Isn't It

I know I promised Federal election stuff but this is sort of and due to current economic conditions I had to lie and...(yes, alright, hilarious...just get on with it please-Ed)    (tech problems - cannot get documents up - will add asap - sorry - NF)  (oops, just fixed it - now attached - ignore last apology)

Following the lead of ABC Radio Sports and Olympic commentators Messrs Rampaging Roy Slaven and H G Nelson, I realised that I needed to revise some issues of self-perception, so I "...stepped into the Room of Mirrors, stripped off to have a good hard look at myself, and said to myself..."There's something wrong with me...ah, I know what it is...it's me...I'm a joke..."

They went on to ruthlessly roast the particular former footy player for "...shamelessly celebrating 350 games in a career that really finished 100 games ago..." Absolutely hilarious.

It had occurred to me, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, that the one constant in all of the conflicts, etc, in this blog is...well...me...and I'm very, very special.

I mean, I must be special...time and again I get very special treatment...time and again it seems that an entirely separate set of rules are applied to me...and the good, the bad, and the indifferent...the only constant is my involvement...

Recently I negotiated a billing credit due to service delivery problems with Telstra. The specific details are private (I don't want to start an avalanche of false claims quoting my experience), but over several months I clearly proved my case.

At one point there was a stuff-up with their paperwork, for which they took full responsibility, and the matter is effectively resolved to the best of Telstra's ability; hopefully this is a general attitude from Telstra.

However, I know that my behaviour and attitude clearly worked in my favour, not least of all because two of the various operators that I spoke to said so; they were so struck by how polite I was that they actually commented on it...repeatedly...and in one chat whilst 'on hold' the lady asked me if I was Civil Engineer because of my knowledge on Wind Turbines...bless her...

These people, unfortunately so accustomed to being abused, were genuinely surprised, and I absolutely believe that a big part of getting what I wanted was simply being polite, simply being nice...who'da thunk it...being nice gets results...(no, I don't understand either-Ed)...

Unfortunately my phone communications with my own child have not been so balanced and/or controlled and I apologise publicly and un-reservedly for the swearing and yelling that typifies some of those 'conversations'...(yes...I think a 'conversation' involves two voices...one voice is a tirade-Ed)...geez  I hate it when you're right...

The difference - emotion. In all my other dealings I fundamentally don't care about me or what people think of me, etc, so I can pour emotion and commitment into it to the point of rupture, but with my child it starts with emotion and goes from there...I don't have that control...

I refer to previous posts about how I have been treated by Mt Gambier City Council, eg, Cr Von Stanke coming to my home and the subsequent 'secret Council report' about me; the good Christian folk of St Martins Lutheran School; etc, in support of my position that I am special.

Please find attached my latest attempt to engage with the political debate in an appropriate manner on ABC Local Radio, which I have posted because I'm well sick and tired of being ignored, abused, and censored by specific people within the organisation...it is after all why after many years of trying to do this 'appropriately' via the main stream media, that I finally started doing this blog.

My name is Nick Fletcher and I am the Opposition to Wind Turbine Fascism genuinely Independent candidate at the upcoming September 14th election.

Vote once...vote often...vote large, angry, hippy...

Tomorrow: Foreign Ownership of Australia - Not Acceptable

(Please explain-Ed)...oh, you're hilarious Ed...scything criticism with an attempted witticism referencing arguably Australia's most famous quote defining xenophobia and ignorance...and you haven't even read the post...you can't have, I haven't written it yet...(ah, you forget...I'm in your head and I know what you're thinking-Ed)...ah yeah, I did forget...


No comments:

Post a Comment