Wednesday, May 29, 2013

150th Post - Nick Fletcher: The Nut That Wouldn't Crack

(Why is it always about you and what you think and what you say or what you saw blah, blah, blah?-Ed)...ummm, because it's my blog, and I'm doing this to explain to people who I am and how I think as much as to address issues that a largely compromised Main stream media simply refuse to touch...

Read my previous posts about what has happened with the St Martins Lutheran School Child Abuse Cover-up and the abhorrent acceptance of this Cover-up by the people of Mt Gambier, an acceptance that guarantees children are vulnerable and will be abused for generations to come...without recourse...you let this happen and you have guaranteed that it continues to happen and you will all continue to blame me because that's just so much easier than dealing with the reality...  

And who is it that refuses to accept this disgrace and does what must be done?...who is it that does what must be done regardless of the personal cost?...who goes the hard yards again, and again, and again?...who goes so hard that the derision of his community becomes a mere trifle, a mere reality?...

Is it our local politicians Tony Pasin, Steve Perryman, Rory McEwen, Don Pegler or, shrek me, Bernard Finnigan, or Premiers Rann or Weatherill, or Prime Minister Julia Gillard, or SAPol, or the multiple layers of wholly corrupt Public Authorities like the Crown Solicitors Office, the Teachers Registration Board, or Frank the Pope?...anyone?...no?...

Who is it that swallowed the pain and the frustration and the anger and the hatred and never raised his hand, until it spawned a massive Lymphoma tumour big enough to kill a horse, and then strolled through enough chemotherapy to kill an elephant, and enough radiotherapy to cook a roast, and still kept going with his hands at his side?...

Who has gone time and again to the local media, The Border Watch, WIN TV News, and the ABC Local Radio, and been routinely abused, accused, attacked, and/or ignored, and taken a thousand backwards steps to maintain some sort of relationship...because he understands the issues are more important than the man...?

Who has been relentlessly abused, harassed, attacked, denigrated, snubbed and 'Pariahtised' by their entire community, in particular the local media, to assuage the collective conscience, to cleanse the collective guilt, to be the scapegoat that allows the release that it is all somebody elses fault and/or responsibility...?

What sort of freak goes through all of that, for a decade...not for one day, not for one month, not even for one year...for a shrekin' decade...and still tries to engage appropriately with all of the above, and still genuinely seeks to help the community that has shunned him?...and still keeps his hands at his side...

What sort of nut-case can be so broken so many times and repeatedly re-construct the pieces and come back to the fundamental reality of who they are, and then go again knowing that there is nothing ahead but more of the same?

Honestly, you'd have to be insane, wouldn't you? And who is that nut?

And as it is my 150th post, some more poetry just to break it up a bit...but even then it's about whom I am.

Bright Light

It's like the moth around the
light sortta thing, only I'm
a fruitbat and I smack
into it a couple of times,
smash it, and then go
"What happened?" to the
warmth, the glow;
it's gone, and
so am
I.

And here lies the truth
I've become, the lie I've
become, I have become
a cold man as cold
days stretch glacial
tentacles into the
scarred gullies of
the last age of
I(ce).

And the warmth that I feel is
that loving glow thrown my
way by a fine woman
not deserving of the
idiot that I can be
or not to as the
case maybe;
or maybe
not.

Apart, the long chilled core recovers
the spring thaw of flicking
about the bright light and
soon the facts interrupt
and any respect for
this person is to be
much concerned
with us
both.

Is there growth in this or
again decay as away from
the damage done goes
the blinded bat to run
into the next light
that might mistake
to be turned
on at his
approach.                                                
  
19/08/1993

Just in case: the 'smacking into', etc, is a metaphor about attraction and sex, not domestic violence.

I realised a long time ago that if I really liked some-one then the nicest thing I could do for them was not go out with them in the first place.

I don't recall asking anyone to like me or saying that I'm a nice person, but I'm saying vote for me because I don't need a slick pamphlet or a ridiculous cartoon TV ad to campaign briefly for any election...I am what I am and I have been doing what I do for every hour of every day with my entire being just because that's just how I roll...and now I have come to understand that...

I am Nick Fletcher and I am The Nut That Wouldn't Crack...word up mofos...

(Oh...well...when you put it like that...-Ed)

Laters: The Seat of Barker - The Federal Election

No comments:

Post a Comment