Sunday, August 24, 2014

The Wind Sometimes Blows But Turbines Always Suck

Hello Netherlands, Taiwan, Cambodia, and Sweden and welcome to the blog...today is mostly about this latest round of pro-Wind Turbine carry-on...but before I dismiss all Turbine supporters as sub-intelligent livestock getting herded about at the behest of international conglomerates...(which is ironically what they accuse anti-Turbine proponents of doing, being operatives for Coal, Gas, etc-Ed)...indeed...before getting stuck in, I'd just like to make the point that I'm never wrong...

(Don't you mean not always wrong?-Ed)...whatevs, I'm just making the very facetious point that people do have mistaken beliefs, even intelligent people...(well just look at the number of intellectuals who wind up shagging goats as part of Whatevs Cult-Ed)...a fair point somewhat crudely made...people with good intentions are sometimes easily manipulated, and passion is not always attractive or accurate...and then there's outright zealots whom won't see reason and are more than capable of deceit, etc... 

Spent 1/2hr trawling through the Australian Wind Alliance website/facebook page and wasn't that a joy...the AWA not surprisingly supports Wind Turbines and like any good lobby group conveniently ignores everything that compromises their argument...I was particularly pleased to see some clowns comments trotting out Wind Energy production figures from South Australia but not one mention of the fact that we have 1) unchallengeable Fascist Planning/Development legislation, or 2) the third highest electricity prices on the planet, 3) there's zero production when there's no wind, etc, etc...

In fact I saw very little of anything that might be considered considered opinion, all I saw was opinion based on ideology, which is not ideal...it was almost enough to drive me outta' the house and into my car to drive to Portland for the AWA meeting with guest speaker John Hewson (former Federal Liberal leader)...(oh bazinga, I've got one...the Federal Liberals I shall here-on-in refer to as 'the Fiberals'-Ed)...nice...to drive to Portland and make a grand statement re the Fascism, etc, but I just didn't have it in me...and I realised with unsurprise that my Agoraphobia is as bad now as ever...

Ironically, the massive trauma of having my home raided and the constant threat that it's going to happen again at anytime for any reason be it real/imagined/conjured/whatevs, that has made me barely leave the house unless absolutely necessary...congratulations, y'all 'ave caused further trauma to an already deeply traumatised parent...well done, what an achievement...and I'll get over it eventually because in my experience all it's really done is create 1) a great deal of concern for the reality of what's happening, 2) a modicum of concern for me personally, and 3) more than a modicum of respect with a dash of credibility for this 'ere blog......

Whatevs sort of Man-Bear/Stuff-Pig I might be and for all my paranoia and anger and prejudices mired in hatred stemming from the St Martins Cover-up, the realities are undeniable and I have proven my case...and not once, but time and again...doesn't mean I'm right about everything of course, but I genuinely try to be accurate...and time and again I continue to be threatened with punitive measures like being sued or charged, but when libelous push comes to litigious shove it's all absolute bollocks because the truth is such an ugly, fugly beast no-one wants it's mingin' visage cluttering up their precious Courtrooms...

And that's what's so genuinely scary about the Banana Lord legislation stuff...I could end up charged, tried, convicted and fined and no-one would be allowed to report it because that would mean discussing why I was charged, etc...(if they even wanted to report...the ABC both in Adelaide and here in Mt Gambier knows what's happened and won't run it...indeed the Mt Gambier media has seen fit to ban you full stop and the ABC's legal weevil's are burrowing through the blog apparently-Ed)...indeed, cheers y'all...but I digress...    

I admit to hating the sight of those damn Turbine things and I can't imagine and never want to know what the whole of the Victorian South West coast would look like covered in these stupid fans...I know there's not much to say to people who do like the look of them, but go down to Bridgewater Bay and have a good hard look at the Visual Vandalism of a bunch of massive Industrial Turbines just randomly jammed into a gentle rolling landscape right on the coast...what a beautiful place completely bastardised and dominated by these massive Turbine towers...

I'll go there again...if Wind Turbines are so bloody fabulous and efficient and the way into the future, why is the entire industry, supposedly operating effectively in Australia for over a decade, why is the entire industry supposedly under dire threat from the removal of their precious bloody subsidies?...here-in lies the reality...if you remove these massive taxpayer funded subsidies this 'Industry' collapses...

And I'm absolutely sick and tired of this 'it's one or the other' mentalities, this 'it's all or bloody nuthin'' carry-on that people use to try and force compliance/agreeance/whatevs...PM Tony Abbott does it, eg, his latest round of ludicrously emotive manipulation re 'Team Australia'...(didn't former USofA President George W Bush make that same statement?-Ed)...indeed...please join me in a raucous round of the Team America theme song but obviously with a resounding 'Australia' to replace 'America'...(heck yeah-Ed)...  

(And these people behave like these shreckin' Turbine things just magically, organically materialise out of thin air on ridge lines across the country and start producing free energy without cost or implication-Ed)...indeed...(where's the debate about how much energy it takes to produce a single Turbine, the mining involved, the extensive and costly manufacturing, all of which happens overseas, then the shipping to Australia, the transport and erection costs once here?...where is that discussed?...I don't see where any of this is acknowledged as being calculated into the massive costs of Turbines, costs that every tax-payer subsidises-Ed)...indeed...

I always love to see/read/hear anything from the Clean Energy Council, the Renewable Energy Industry Lobby group whom represent approx 600 companies in the Renewables sector...they have bobbed up several times again recently and it's the usual one-way wall of waffle and windy woofers (woofers being noises that make bad smells)...(you mean farts don't you-Ed)...pretty much, yeah...and don't get me started about the abuse hurled at people who raise questions about the health issues re Turbines...there seems to be a lot of 'playing the man not the ball' goin' on... 

And the crowning glory in this parade of ideological ignorance and socio-political self-deception is the irony that the AWA would choose Portland for their latest production...(they have a spectacular Indoor Heated pool set-up at Portland-Ed)...indeed they do...(it makes Mt Gambier's open-air pool, that's closed more than half the year, look like the Retrograde C-grade Civic Embarrassment that it is-Ed)...Portland Pool which I understand is a pool heated with a natural spring...indeed...where is the investment in the 24/7 energy production of Geothermal in Portland/South West Victoria, instead of these Turbine things?

Meanwhilst, back 'ere in sunny Sow Straya the Weatherill Labor government continues to hide behind the latest farcical Child Abuse Royal Commission, refusing to comment on the abject disaster that is Child Protection in SA, a situation they have created as the government of the last 12 years...and the pathetic, irrelevant Liberal Party continues to bleat out it's faux outrage about Child Protection...and worst of all there's the bloody Education Union...

The bloody Education Union is holding forth about the need to separate Families SA from the Education Dept to improve Child Protection, and get educators back in charge...(orrr, what about SAPol's...-Ed)...(Tony-TH)...(Tony-Ed)...(nnnHarrison-TH)...(Tony Harrison, what about Tony Harrison?-Ed)...whatevs...which in turn the Weatherill Labor government has also refused to comment on, again citing the Royal Commission...

I note that the Teachers Registration Board Inquiry into Glyn Dorling was a Board wholly dominated by Union members whom subsequently acted wholly to protect their colleague and fellow Union member indeed the Union representative at St Martins...(so the abuses against 7 year old children at St Martins were committed by the Union rep at that school?-Ed)...yep, the Union rep...(geez, no wonder they were so keen to cover-up the abuses he committed-Ed)...indeed...

Enough for today...I can only apologise that I didn't have a trip to Portland in me today, but that's just the way it is...

Tomorrow: The Council Stuff

Including the references to back turning, etc, and some associated shenanigans in The Border Watch...

I am Nick Fletcher and this is my blog...cheers and laters...

No comments:

Post a Comment