Sunday, August 10, 2014

A Date With Destiny A Decade Ago Today

Yo' ma' homies, wottup?...(sorry what?-Ed)...ummm hello South Korea, Poland, United Kingdom and Aotearoa (New Zealand) and welcome to the blog...(that's more like it-Ed)...I was just trying to be a bit more 'street'' with me peeps...(I know what you were trying to do, that's why I know you failed-Ed)...shortish post today because of the attachment...

Ten Years Ago: today I sat down in the Bradman Oncology Unit at the Royal Adelaide Hospital and was asked to please sign Option One of the Treatment Authorisation form, a form in 3 parts...Option 1 - we'll save you, Option 2 - we'll keep you alive as long as possible, or Option 3- sorry, but we'll do what we can for you with what time you've got...and I was asked to sign O1...(well that's a win right there-Ed)...indeed...I'm of course very much paraphrasing the Form, but it's exactly what I remember thinking as I read it...

So after 8 days of appointments, scans, and probes, I set meself down to a Man-Bear/Stuff-Pig size serve of CHOP regime Chemotherapy, the first of 6 rounds that became 8, just to be sure...(to be sure-Ed)...and my favorite bit, after being asked to sign the 'we'll save you' bit, was when the nurse came at me besmocked and bemasked and begoggled and bloody well weilding a drip-bag full of bright orangey pink gunge that was apparently going into me via the drip-shunt in the back of my hand...

This particular Chemo crud, 3rd cab I believe in a rank of 4, was so toxic that if it got on your skin it'd burn, hence the goggles, etc...(and if you reckon that it was a weird colour going in...-Ed)...well quite...can't specifically remember much else 'cos I was so crook that I was struggling to comprehend much at all...and that was the condition I was in when I gave evidence to the Teachers Registration Board just over a fortnight previous...

According to my good ol' Chemo diary from 2004, I rang the TRB and the Crown Solicitor (Jen Olssen) on the Thursday 12th August 2004 to inform them of my illness and requesting that I be recalled after I'd had several Chemo treatments and was a bit more coherent...the TRB and CSO ultimately ignored my request, and in their Findings November 2004 called me a liar and a trouble-maker who had an axe to grind with St Martins Lutheran School...(was that before or after the TRB/CSO exonerated teacher Glyn Dorling, accepting his assertion that the 7 year old kids were forcing themselves on him and he couldn't stop them?-Ed)...

Well that would have to be before, because I gave evidence before Dorling did and he confirmed exactly what I had claimed to witness and with the girls I had identified...so the TRB/CSO must have decided I was a vexatious, vindictive liar before Dorling himself gave evidence and actually confirmed everything I'd said, and then unfortunately neglected to correct their erroneous misconceptions about me...(that's not what you said just now-Ed)...shhhh...

(You just said, and I quote 'cos I wrote it down, "Those bastards just wanted to discredit the only actual adult eye-witness who was prepared to give evidence."...I mean obviously I took out all the expletives, references to the Board members alleged preferences for intimacy with livestock, inquiries regarding their potential cross-species parentage, and even some of the bad stuff, but apart from all that, that's a quote-Ed)...way to get a half-hour rant into one sentence...

Alas Alan: I do regularly listen to openly Right-wing radio commentator Alan Jones because for all his commitment to PM Tony 'The Mad Monk' Abbott and the Liberal Party, he regularly criticises Liberal members he believes are involved in hugely controversial issues like the collusion between Toowoomba Council and developer Mr Wagner, and Mr Wagner's role in the Grantham flood that killed a dozen people...

However, I often disagree with Mr Jones, and I completely reject his comments in support of Israel's recent attacks into Palestine, stating that he's 'sick of seeing the footage' of a Gaza in rubble after a month of bombing...I don't watch Andrew Bolt because he's a smug, self-important, snake-oil merchant who can be trusted only to be Right, and he does make me somewhat nauseous, but I don't avoid watching him because he's the reality of what's happening...(well arguably he is the reality of what's happening because he has his own Propaganda Pulpit tv show courtesy of Channel 10, a newspaper column, etc-Ed)...fair point...

I at least try to be balanced and not let my personal animosities completely dominate this 'ere blog...my relentless criticism of Mt Gambier City Council is due to the incredible damage they've wreaked on Mt Gambier with their rank nepotism and corruption of Appropriate Process, and is largely in response to Council's constant manipulation of the truth via the entirely complicit Mt Gambier media...and hence another Graham Greenwood The Border Watch article from last Friday 8th August 2014 attached below...

Again, I don't have the time or space or inclination to pick this apart line for line, but the Council-supplied figures quoted are farcically removed from reality and a gross manipulation ahead of the November 2014 Local Government Elections...Graham then moves onto excusing/explaining Council's atrocious handling of the Old Hospital Project, the Rail Lands, and Library/Main Corner...everything's everyone else's fault...enough said...

Short Of It Being Nelson Mandela: I cannot imagine that we'd even be having this paragraph if it were a black man who had gunned down his girlfriend, with his own gun, whilst she was locked in his bathroom in his own apartment, in a secure gated estate with actual persons securitying on said gate, etc...I've not expressed my opinion about this case before, but quite frankly it's just offensive...(yes, many people find your opinion offensive-Ed)...well one does what one can...

Oscar Pistorius supposedly got outta' bed, got his gun, went down the hall to the bathroom, and then without establishing where Ms Steenkamp was, opened fire...and everything since is because he's a white celebrity...(yeah, but OJ Simpson was found Not Guilty of Murdering his former wife Nicole Brown and Ron Coleman, yet was found liable for their deaths in a Civil jurisdiction-Ed)...fair enough...I've not followed the case but I do believe that he knew exactly who it was he was firing at...just my opinion...  

But just watching some clown on ABC TV24 offering supposedly objective but actually highly subjective opinion on why it might not be a cowardly murder...every point that defines murder played down, and excruciatingly infinitesimal exploration of why a certain interpretation of some vague legal reference excuses what he did...over and over...(it's like listening to Adelaide Uni's Clem McIntyre 'critiquing' the Labor Party...apology upon excuse upon denial upon justification-Ed)...well indeed, it's exactly like that...

Gunna' pull stumps here and say, 'gidday 'til tomorrow, and

Tomorrow: Likely More Of The Same

I am Nick Fletcher and this is my blog...cheers and laters...

No comments:

Post a Comment