Monday, August 18, 2014

How I Know I Have A Heart, A Brave Heart Even

Hello Aotearoa (New Zealand), Spain, Ukraine, and right here at home in Oz, and zoom in a little closer and it's Mt Gambier...excuse me as I'm still recovering from a fairly average weekend of 'running -into-a-wall'...it's just what happens and that's just the way it is and one gets up again as best one can and away one goes again...(hey, that's what you do-Ed)...yes, thankyou...

There was a long ABC Local Radio interview this morning with a Bravehearts (Child Protection Advocates) representative re Child Protection training for workers, sports volunteers, etc...sorry, but I don't have the energy or temper to go through the whole thing and I'm trying to look at it as an issue better discussed than not, but for me there is always the grinding reality that Mt Gambier ABC are entirely complicit in the St Martins Cover-up and BraveHearts are entirely aware of it, as posted previously, and in that context this entire interview was one long hypocrisy...

Warning- Medical Procedure: and an apology for a sortta' lie about never having any side-effects from Chemotherapy, because ten years ago today I was in the Royal Adelaide Hospital gettin' a hose jabbed into my chest following a series of escalating complications after my first round of Chemo on August 10th 2004...basically, the tumour 'knew' it was under attack and reacted, swelling up and agitating my heart and lungs, causing my left lung to fill with fluid and my legs to swell like tree trunks...and it gets a bit icky from here, so if you're squeamish, look away now...

I was admitted on the 16th August, assessed as being "down to 10% heart capacity" due to the fluid in the pericardial sac (around your heart), and again it was observed to me "How are you walking around still?", and on the 18th underwent a 'drain insertion'...with only a local anaesthetic in the chest, the surgeon pushed a large hollow steel needle between the ribs and into the pericardial sac, and then withdrew it, leaving inserted a thin hose...he then pushed that hose several inches in round to the back of the heart itself, and taped it in place...

So Really Surreal: that this occurred as I and the surgeon watched it on the Ultrasound next to me...when I'd done one the day before they couldn't actually see my heart through all the crap in the sac...(hilarious-Ed)...Dr Ben then proceeded to use a large syringe to suck the bloody gunge outta my chest and squirt it into a bucket, extracting over half a litre there and then, and overnight that drained stayed in and a litre in total was removed...once most of it was manually removed, the heart could pump the rest out and then drain my lungs naturally, and too my legs...give the heart half a chance and it'll get the job done...(sorted-Ed)...

Such Sweet Irony: as Dr Ben explained it to me...the pericardial sac was so chockas with crap, the sac wall was nearly a full inch from the heart rather than millimetres...(never seen one so bad he said-Ed)...which ironically made it a much safer procedure with very little chance of damaging the heart itself...the problem was itself a buffer against further problems...(yep, I reckon that's irony alright-Ed)...I spent that night in the Cardiac Ward and the next afternoon Dr Ben came back, was happy the job was done, and put his hand on my chest and slowly drew out the hose...now that was one weird feeling...

Again I thank all of these people and all those I never met, never will, who's combined efforts saved my life...may I live to be worthy of this great grace and extraordinary good fortune...(well you've still got some livin' to do then yet-Ed)...indeed Ed, indeed...

And if I needed to know what rank corruption looks like, there again today on morning television is New South Wales Labor trough-jockey and professional slug Graeme Richardson...(sorry, trough-jockey?-Ed)...yeah, most NSW politicians are happy to just have a piggy snout in said trough, but our man Richo likes to put a saddle on it and ride it around the room...(giddyup-Ed)...Mr Richardson is widely credited with the Institutionalised Corruption model currently being exposed by the NSW Independent Commission Against Corruption, which is ironically currently putting the Castor Oil through the NSW Liberals....

In the last 12 months 8 Liberal members have either gone to the cross benches or resigned completely, including Premier Barry O'Farrell, and now the Newcastle Mayor Jeff McCloy, he whom was apparently dolling out envelopes turgid with undeclared cash to various Liberals, Mr McCloy has also gone...**(before posting I chose to self-censor 2 paragraphs from right about....here....please excuse the resultant jump to...)**

(That SAPol is completely autonomous and entirely without oversight, restriction, or accountability, which is a basic recipe for absolute corruption-Ed)...indeed, in a system where the SA Police Commissioner (not the Courts) hands out omnipotent anonymous Search Warrants to SAPol officers and the only avenue of redress or appeal is the Police Complaints Authority, itself run by police, then the likelihood of corruption is 100%...a completely closed system that has absolute power and zero accountability...(that's some scary shizzle right there-Ed)...

Particularly if one comes to be in direct conflict with them over, say, a grossly mishandled Child Abuse investigation that to the casual observer looks like SAPol is deliberately engaged in the Cover-up of that abuse...(like you for example-Ed)...well I was going to be a bit more 'metaphorical' about it, but yes, like a parent like me who has been fighting against the Lutherans, the Labor government, their man former local MP Rory McEwen, a completely complicit Liberal Party, the Crown Solicitor, various state authorities, and of course SAPol...

And you know, it'd only be a really, really sad thing if I'd had all this conflict in my life purely of my own construct and/or because I was happily insane, but it's not is it?...this has all happened because of these people, these authorities, our politicians, police, and illustrious civic leaders like Mayors Steve Perryman and Peter Gandolfi, because these people have chosen to help the Lutherans cover-up the abuse of a class of 7-year-old children at St Martins in 2002...(that's beyond sad, that's just wrong-Ed)...

(You know, one could argue that you engage with issues like the Rail Lands Retail Agenda to distract yourself away from the St Martins Cover-up for a while-Ed)...I've thought that myself on occasion Ed...why would I fight so hard for a community that attacks and/or shuns me the way Mt Gambier mostly does?...(ahh that one I can answer...you see the corruption of the St Martins Cover-up in the rank corruption being visited on Mt Gambier by it's civic leaders and elected officials and feel driven to address all of it, coupled with/fueled by the sense of Societal Indeptitudeness that you feel for the fiscal support of the Disability Support Pension and Public Housing-Ed)...

Wow, that's a very insightful and detailed summation succinctly stated...(well it's what you told me to say-Ed)...shhhh, no I didn't...(yeah, it's here writ on this paper what you done give me, see?-Ed)...no it isn't, aha, moving on...(and you're fifty bucks shy, there's only $950 'ere-Ed)...I have no idea what you're talking about...(oh yeah, and this letter arrived for you from the NSW ICAC-Ed)...I resign...

Ironic Or Just Plain Nasty: that the Fuel Gouge Excise Tax Levy thingy that Treasurer Joe Hockey has been furiously defending with comments about poor people not having cars and/or not going very far, a Tax that he now openly acknowledges as such having repeatedly furiously denied it was a Tax or even a Levy...(which is a tax really anyway, isn't it?-Ed)...indeed...that he would make these comments on the 60th anniversary of that wonderful organisation Meals On Wheels...

I spent goodly chunks of my childhood at the Unley Meals On Wheels kitchen when it was run by my grandma (for 30+ years)...we used to help sort the orange juices and then get to drink the 'overdue' ones, help do basic food prep, etc, and occasionally go on deliveries...a volunteer army of generally 'older people' using their own petrol Joe, looking after their fellow citizens Joe, and often people younger than those doing the cooking and driving and delivering...it only recently occurred to me that the crafty ol' girl was getting us to sort the juices, etc, for her with promises of scoffing that which couldn't be given to clients anyway...(clever-Ed)...

My Reputation Proceeds: invariably and unfortunately it is in this context none of it good, in that I am deeply saddened to be the notorious Nick Fletcher when it scuppers my attempts to engage with community groups that are apparently happy even keen to get new members and/or volunteers, except when it's that crazy bastard Nick Fletcher...I've had multiple goes at joining Meals On Wheels and several other organisations in Mt Gambier but can't even get a call-back...

And I know and live with the daily reality that there's a whole raft of people in Mt Gambier who continue to denigrate and vilify me (and other parents specific to the St Martins Lutheran School Child Abuse Cover-up) and that's just the way it is...and why I so appreciate the support I do get, cheers...

Tomorrow: Someone Releases A New Plan- Yay

If it hasn't happened yet I'm sure it will by this time tomorrow...

I am Nick Fletcher and this is my blog...cheers and laters....

No comments:

Post a Comment