Sunday, July 13, 2014

Really Rainy Railly Raidy Roady Day Today

Hello Austria, Mongolia, Taiwan, and Ukraine...and a quick apology for getting a bit 'off-beat' with the blog over the last couple of weeks, but I've pleasantly and repeatedly distracted by the presence of mon enfant back from Uni, including an overnight stay, which hasn't happened in years...(yeeha-Ed)...now they've returned, I unfortunately will have all the time in everyday to do just this...and it's all good...cheers...

But I will say this...I've all but given up watching AFL Football because, despite some of the incredible athleticism skill, etc, 1) I just don't see the game I played years ago, I repeat, it looks like one team is throwing it to each other while the other team hits them in the head, and then out of the blue that exact thing is a free kick, and 2) the Business Agenda is so clearly apparent that equality and propriety suffer, and 'The Australian Football League' is a very big business...but I'm re-inventing the wheel, moving on...

Apparently I wasn't the only one having Interweb access issues in Mt Gambier yesterday, or the day before...(or the day before that-Ed)...indeed, so again I don't know whether to be happy that it's not just me, or rather concerned for businesses, etc, who rely on the Interweb to function in this exciting new age of technological wondrousness...even now it's playing up, refusing to save, etc...that or someone's reading this as I type it, or on the blog already and I'll get the 'log off from another terminal' message come up, whatevs...yet again this week I was availed of someone else's concerns that someone would be monitoring my phone calls, computer stuff, etc...(fair enough-Ed)...just sayin'...(and digressin'-Ed).

But get on board with the exciting new feature, here, now, as witnessed just below...only 10 years after everyone else, but there you go...please find attached the photos I took 28th June 2014 of the Rail Lands (with my newish $80 phone...keep forgetting I have a camera/phone now) clearly showing the large pond that develops in the very expensive laid turf area at the Eastern end of the site, that in the photos has actually slightly receded from the one big pool I saw there the day before (2days? sorry), and the way that water pools right at the back of the businesses fronting Margaret St (to the left)...
This should be paved 20 feet + out from those buildings utilising the natural protection they offer from the Southerly weather, flowing along there to a North facing sound shell opening to a Covered Central Plaza, itself a conduit from the Main St, through the Lakes (Centro) Plaza area, onto an All Weather Sport Precinct with the same 'sound-shell' style shedding offering covered tennis, netball, etc, and an all year Aquatic Centre, all facilities that should have been built before the Library and Main Corner, let alone what Council has wasted with their extraordinary conduct re the Rail Lands Retail Agenda, eg, moving the rails and the $700,000 Fake Lake for drainage off the expanded Lakes Plaza of the RLRA.  

It appears to be sort of prepared for some paving, but only to just past that pool...in the background you can see the 18, $3000+ Palm trees that have just been stood up in the middle of nowhere...(I believe the word is 'incongruous'-Ed)...I believe another word is inconceivably...inconceivably incongruous...only Mt Gambier City Council would pay minimum $50,000 for shreckin' Palm trees, again...but it segues nicely to the second and third photos that you can align yourself with re the 18 Palm trees, 11 in this photo looking basically across to where I took the first photo right on the South-Eastern corner...it gives you an idea just how big this pool is...
It's just over a metre drop from the platform lip in the foreground to this pool which appeared to be quite deep, maybe a foot in places...again, this is the day (or 2?) after the downpours that made one large pool re the first photo...this is the area prepared for the Main Plaza, where Council intends to put yet more ugly grey concrete pavers...(in nice straight lines-Ed)...oh, you just can't have too many straight lines...and there's a small inland sea on it...and Council has allegedly spent $4million on this site...
SAPol Raid Update:........(don't look at me, I got nuthin'-Ed)...you apparently ain't Robinson Crusoe cos' no-one seems to know and or want to...seriously though, after several trips to a lawyer, the best advice they could provide was 'write to ***** and ask them to explain what's happening'...I politely declined and asked instead that the lawyer write that letter, and I'm damn glad I did because whilst it's a very succinct and accurate paraphrase of our discussions, the issues raised in said letter are, well, bizarre...

Obviously I cannot put up the letter itself, but I will put up one small extract because it is a direct reference to a discussion where polite mutual joking about whether or not I'm even allowed to discuss this with my family, turned to nervous/embarrassed/concerned laughter from the lawyer about whether or not I'm even allowed to discuss this with a lawyer, and I quote from the letter;
     "Is he entitled to talk to his family and friends so that he can gain their support in relation to his 
      investigation and is he allowed to talk to a lawyer for the purpose of legal advice and 
      assistance?"

It's All About Context I Said: because coming from me, those questions could seem really facetious and even ludicrous, and in that context are easily dismissable, 'that crazy Nick Fletcher's complaining again, this time it's some ridiculous nonsense about not being able to speak to a lawyer'...(well you've convinced me-Ed)...but coming as they do from a lawyer I've repeatedly spoken to, these questions are deeply concerning and indicate just how flawed the Un-nameable Authority and/or it's legislation really are...(convinced me again-Ed)...thanks...

(Unless of course that's what the Authority/legislation is supposed to do, completely stifle debate and/or dissent and/or opposition by making even talking about issues and/or the Authority and/or it's legislation unlawful and/or illegal-Ed)...indeed, I've also had to ask (via the lawyer's letter) if I'm going to be charged, and if so when, and if not, does that mean that I can never talk about any of it ever even though I wasn't charged?...(mind-boggling-Ed)...

I note that SA Labor Attorney General John Rau has stated he's changing this exact legislation, stated on ABC Radio only 5 days after my home was raided by SAPol Anti-Corruption Branch detectives (May 7th/8th 2014), wants sweeping new powers to 'ban publication', and now wants to give SAPol yet more power, this time to force people to submit to giving blood samples...(blood samples?-Ed)...I'll do this one,

Tomorrow: Palmerstry - Predicting The Future In Oz Politics

(I got nuthin'-Ed)...that is currently, potentially the most responsible position to take given the rampant shenanigans of Clive Palmer...oh nearly forgot the 'Roady' stuff...attached a photo of some poor shmuck getting a ticket 9th July 2014 afternoon for 'Parking In A Bike Lane In The Couple Of Hours They Exist' on Penola Rd right outside Bill DeGaris's Chambers in the old SERDE building that he now mysteriously owns...
I am Nick Fletcher and this is my blog...cheers and laters...

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nick. Truth is your calling so I urge you to look up "Babylon Is Fallen" by Kate of Gaia - "Outside The Box" radio show on Critical Mass Radio UK. Kate's forum cover many of the subjects you are concerned with and they know the system's Achilles Heel. Just thought you might find it helpful. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete