Saturday, July 5, 2014

MRI Ever Stiff After That

Hello and welcome to a very short post somewhat late in the day, after quite a pleasantly quiet and uneventful montage full of furious flailing flora, persistent precipitation, Windscreen Tourism, and Pearl Jam, followed by WT, PP, and FFF, all the way back home...(whaa?-Ed)...I went for a wee 200km drive to Warrnambool in Victoria, through the pissing rain and howling winds and trees all over the shop, and then back again...

Nature's Wonderland: and there were some big ol' Pine trees down in some of those 100years+ windbreaks that I don't recall being down when I was through that way a few weeks ago...saw/glimpsed 3 Wedge-tailed Eagles circling together, immediately identifiable because of the distinct 'wedge-tail' obviously, but also because the magpies hassling them looked like gnats...and a plethora of Crimson and Eastern Rosellas in the grassy verge...(that's a flock-Ed)...no it's true...(taboomtish-Ed)...moving on...

(But tell us People's Poet, what were you doin' in Warrnambool?-The Kids From The Young Ones)...I went to a magical place of many floors, vast corridors and wondrous machines, they call it, 'A Hospital'...('Hospital'? what is, 'Hospital'?-Ed)......sorry, sorry, it's been a long day of driving 400kms+ for a bloody MRI scan because Mt Gambier Hospital does not and likely never will have one...and it took my local 'doctors' over 4 years to not even be able to get me the appointment in Adelaide you apparently need to have up there, to see if you're even going to get an MRI scan, and if you do get one, you have to go back again weeks later...

After basically giving up on even trying to get treatment (maybe mid 2013) I tried to walk/exercise my way through it but only made it worse and my knees have become so sore I went to a different General Practitioner who referred me to Portland who got me an MRI appointment within days, and I did that today, and that's all taken 10 weeks, less if I'd taken a couple of earlier MRI appointments that were quite late in the day...there's just no way I'd be wanting to drive that 200kms in the dark and the pissing rain, gusting winds, etc, it was rough enough in the middle of the day...

I choose not to kick off here about the snivelling pittances our 'Honourable' overlords occasionally flick our way for bit-piece, half arsed projects like the recently announced UniSA 'Expansion', or MG Hospital 'Expansion', $2million apparently for the Rail Lands, oh my god $26m for 'Re-Training', etc, only half of which has actually been forthcoming after, what, 3 years?...after selling off the SE Forest Estate and dismantling Forestry SA...(bastards-Ed)...

Better than nothing just don't cut it up against nowhere near bloody good enough...I appreciate that Warrnambool is 33,000 and Mt Gambier is only 22,000, but MG services about 60,000 over a far wider area...(except for Health Services Provision, then MG is actually technically in Warrnambool's area-Ed)...yeah, good point...and in Portland's area for that matter...bloody hell...and where in shreck are they going to find the trained professionals who want to move to Mt Gambier to practice?...eg, been through this in the blog, MG area per population should have 6 Resident Psychiatrists, barest minimum 3, ain't got one...I really do hope that all this hype about a 'new generation of young professionals who will return to their communities' is true...

Why is it that sitting forward and squinting through the windscreen to see better through a rain shower so strong the fastest wiper setting just ain't cuttin' it, why does that actually work?...(dunno, maybe something to do with focus length? maybe if you physically move the windscreen inside your 'short focus range' your eyes naturally focus better beyond the flashing blades and sluicing sheets-Ed)...that's brilliant, did you just think of that?...(no, I had four and a half hours to think about that-Ed)...nice...

Not My Joke: but I'm going to claim it anyway, because I changed it, and made it actually funny...I had it all wrong about the Rail Lands Retail Agenda because clearly Mt Gambier City Council is planning to move Horse Racing to the Rail Lands and therefore *have used the same contractors who 'fixed' the Glenburnie Racecourse*, which then of course explains the flooding problems evident right across the Rail Lands...

(Sorry, I'm confused...does that mean that the RLRA isn't true? Council aren't still hell-bent on building a massive Retail structure on the site-Ed)...no, the RLRA is still very much in play, it's just part of the joke...(oh oh, I'll give you that one, except for the *---* bit which was the original joke-Ed)...fair enough...don't know who did the Racecourse thing, don't care, it's irrelevant, it's a joke based on the realities of exactly what happens at both sites...(Council needs to employ Ethel the Aardvark-Ed)...nice...

Enough for today, I ain't had dinner yet and I'm thoroughly knackered...but I'd like to close with a little irony if I may...despite the fact my knee is rooted, I'm physically and vehicularilly capable of 5 hours of sitting down at 110kmshr, whilst having to go to another state to spend an hour lying perfectly still in the Magnetic Resonance Image machinery thingy listening to the Pearl Jam soundtrack provided (all free), because the Health provision in Mt Gambier is so very average, and now I'm so stiff and sore and tired all I can do is stand up...there's got to be some irony in there somewhere...

Tomorrow: Is What Happens At The End Of The Day Today

I am Nick Fletcher and this is my very tired blog...toodle-pip and tally-bally-ho...


No comments:

Post a Comment