Thursday, September 11, 2014

The 2011 $10m Parklands Concept Plan

Hello and welcome to an 'extra' post just for this 'ere paperwork as advertised and attached...(yay-Ed)...

Also check out the Interweb under 'Mt Gambier Parklands Concept Plan' and on that 'search menu page' there should be the link through to the ABC story about the Concept Plan, which has some excellent pictures that I've not actually seen before...it all looks very flash but please consider that everything is greatly exaggerated, eg, the fake lake thingy is actually a fraction the size of the 'artists impression'...and it's all blue skies and loveliness...the reality is that, even after the $4.2m spend, there will be virtually no shelter across the entire site...in wet weather it is completely exposed, and when it's hot it will be a baking wasteland...(well done Council-Ed)...

There's so much going on here that I'll just post this stuff and let you peruse at your leezure, and I'll re-deconstruct it all in a further post...please note that the 2011 Plan was for $10m and Council has so far blown only $4.2m, half of which was unexpected state government grants, and I maintain that the reality is the unchallengeable status of what I've labelled the Rail Lands Retail Agenda...

I am Nick Fletcher and this is my blog...cheers and laters...








No comments:

Post a Comment