Wednesday, April 16, 2014

TFTITFC Part II

Hello Brazil, Spain, Ukraine and Canada, and welcome to the blog...and it's going right orf in the New South Wales parliament with the sudden resignation of Liberal Premier Barry O'Farrell re accepting a bottle of Grange Hermitage and then telling the Independent Commission Against Corruption he knew absolutely nuthin' about it...more later...

Feedback: on motivations...and because it's come up more than once, I'll directly address the most recent 'Comment' on the blog, 'Why do you stay?' which I believe may have continued by inference to say 'given that you've allegedly had such a rough and unpleasant time of it in Mt Gambier and don't mind having a good whinge about it all the time' (my words)...and that's fair enough...doesn't matter if the 'Commentor' is genuinely concerned for me and my well-being or suggesting that I should just piss off out of it.

It's really fairly straight forward...in 1997/98 I moved to Mt Gambier to be a father to my child and was wholly committed to that...then some unpleasant stuff happened, eg, unemployment, etc, and particularly the St Martins issue where I had my eyes opened to a whole raft of realities I'd quite frankly rather not know about...and unlike a number of other parents, I've been singularly unable to relinquish responsibility for what I know has happened, the abuse of a class of 7 year old kids...abuse that has been covered up by the Lutherans, the police, the Labor and Liberal Parties, etc, etc...and all the implications that entails.

And everyday I deal with my personal failure to resolve this horrendous situation...I don't see where moving away from Mt Gambier will do anything other than make me feel worse for turning my back on what I know to have happened...I know this situation exists for some other parents as well...how does one see the reality of the total pro-paedophile corruption of the South Australian bureaucracy and then just turn away?

I do feel that I have at least tried to explain all of that in trying to find a balance between the trauma and the many positives in my life, eg, how fortunate I am to have this Housing Trust place...why would I give up this amazing place and move to where?...I've been incredibly lucky with the Dental Care stuff but it just highlights how others are suffering...if I could walk away from the St Martins Lutheran School Child Abuse issue, don't you think I shreckin' would...ain't gonna happen...

This blog is largely about what's happening for me in my life and I have clearly identified how fortunate I feel that, given all the trauma, particularly with St Martins, that I still have the standard of living that I do...corrupt politicians and all the rest of it is not my doing, it's just there...I offer as example the ICAC dealings here with the Mt Gambier City Council; not my complaints or allegations but reports about actual events, all completely dismissed.

And it remains that this is where my child is based if currently off at Uni, so if I want to see them then here is where I need to be based...and the fact they still have anything to do with me at all is indeed something to be celebrated...so here I stay...and here in the blog is why...I've got some stuff to do that clearly needs to be done...oh, and the fishing's not bad either...and the beaches are fantastic...

You Snooze On Booze News You Lose: because not a word of a lie, in yesterday's post I started into a paragraph about how dodgy Premier Barry O'Farrell's '1959 Grange' evidence was, but I scrubbed it...damn...obviously had no idea that he would resign today of course, that's just bizarre...and I did also crack wise about 'washing my paint brushes in it' and then today heard a 'wine expert' state his disdain for the 59 as a very "dusty" wine reminiscent of wet bison and burnt Shag feathers...(I added the bison bit)...

Forestry Jobs: in previous posts I've tried to cover the many issues re the sale of South East Forestry Estate and how when the Rann/Weatherill Labor government flogged off the SEFE they repeatedly and specifically stated that all jobs at Forestry SA would be protected by the very strict restrictions placed on 141 Plantations...now it's alleged that roughly half of the staff of Forestry SA, nearly 100 jobs, will be gone within 2 years and that we are subsiding 141 who get more from Forestry SA than they pay for.

More allegations that FSA has known for months and questions about does Independent Geoff Brock know and if so when?...these job losses directly affect Forestry SA plantations in his electorate of Frome where 90% of the Wirrabra Forest was lost in the recent fires...and apparently that used to be self insured for $20m but then Labor took that and gave it to Treasury so there may well be no money to replant at Wirrabra.

The allegation is that Labor suppressed this disclosure by Forestry SA to skulk past the March 15 2014 state Election...just finished listening to long interviews with Forestry expert Gerry Leech again repeatedly calling for a Royal Commission into the Sale, and this weeks Forestry Minister Leon Bignell saying I've only been Minister for a week and we'll check our contracts and make sure we only do exactly what we have to...my head hurts...so much so very conflicting information.   

Also this morning, another long interview with City Council's Daryl Sexton about the large drainage basin and artificial lake to be constructed on the Old Rail Lands...(under construction-Ed)...to all be finished in 18 months...and claims that Council has matched $for$ the government funding of 2 payments of $1million, bringing the total expenditure to approx $4.3m...and more discussion about 'platforms and balustrades' but not a mention of the Old Rail Station...please review previous posts.

Word In The Street: is that the Penola Rd bike lanes were worked on overnight across at least one weekend, apparently lit up like a bay of beacons it was, and there were issues of 'revellers' heading for Macca's...(ah, a drunken Macca's snack attack run, happy days-Ed)...yes anyway, in the wee small hours people were going to McDonalds allegedly via the still wet cement which subsequently had to be re-done in places...didn't see it myself, but it is alleged that there were some interesting words and/or images carved into the street.

I had my first drive through there yesterday in my little car, and the bike lanes and central painted median strip were installed as presented and as described in this blog...hope to be wrong, but it looks like a pedestrian accident is inevitable because when cars are parked there, one is forced to drive out wide on the median strip.   

And in closing, I love this increasing trend of 'self-obsessed meets desperate for a story' reportage of the "media circus" following the British Royal family visit...(I know, as if there weren't enough things going on in the world that we need media stories about the media doing stories about whatevs-Ed)...

Tomorrow: TFTITFC Part III

Given that I strayed off topic today with all my self-justificationings...and just a quick observation about the differences between what the ICAC achieves in NSW compared to here in SA...

I am Nick Fletcher and this is my blog...cheers and laters...

No comments:

Post a Comment