Wednesday, April 9, 2014

CSTFFTTAAAP Part III

Hello Sweden, Switzerland, Romania and Belgium and welcome to the blog...and yet more bloggin' about loggin'...and yet again I have to embrace my ignorance on the logging issue and glean what I can from the conflicting opinions...it's much the same with these 'Free Trade Agreements' that we are madly signing with South Korea, Japan, and apparently we're after China next...I'll take some fairly ignorant pot-shots at this little baby tomorrow...

Feedback: yes this blog is a desperate attempt at self-justification...yes it is an attempt to at least feel like I'm contributing something to the society that 'supports' me via the Disability Support Pension and my luverly li'l ol' Housing Trust 'ouse...yes if I had 'something better to do with my time' I may well have never started the blog at all, but now that we're here, let's review why...tomorrow...

More Complaints: about the Bike Lanes along Penola Rd and the 'predicted here' concerns that the stupidity of it all will be self-realised...(self-aware Bike Lanes...interesting...and are they permanent lanes?-Ed)...no, they 'operate' between 0730hrs-0900hrs and then in the afternoon from 1630hrs-1800hrs...(so who's whinging about the lanes now?...local business owners? car drivers? local bus service?-Ed)...nope, bike riders, well at least a bike rider, Sharon Holmes of the 'Transport Support Group' (I think TSG is an offshoot of the 'Bike riders group' or 'Better Hearts'-sorry).

And Ms Holmes advice to those cyclists using the 'lanes' outside of operating hours, therefore forcing them out into the traffic lane?..."command the lane" says she...so the traffic lane becomes a pseudo bike lane when the bike lane isn't available, and when it's available almost no-one uses it (it's a perpetual problem that just goes round and round...a cyclical problem almost-Ed)...on ya' bike, as they say...(riding 'round town on my bike all day 'cause the filth took away my license-Lily Allen)...thankyou Lily...

Only 20 months into the job and Kingston Council CEO Mr Nick Brown has quit and moved to the Deputy CEO position for the neighbouring Robe Council citing a conflict with a particular (unnamed) Councillor re a couple of unspecified events...I'll check this out a bit further if I can...which leads to a quick apology for those things I may have promised to follow-up but haven't...I'm trying is my only defense...

Liberal Dose: of new Mt Gambier Member Troy Bell on ABC Local Radio this morning talking about the visit to Mt Gambier by Independent and now Labor Minister for Regions and Local Government Geoff Brock...they apparently had a couple of hours and have spoken several times on the phone...I thought Mr Bell was being super diplomatic and mega-polite...he rightly pointed out that the 'better conditions for Regional SA' that Mr Brock has claimed is his highest priority, actually mirror Liberal party election promises.

(I think there's something 'amorous' going on with those 2...you know, nod nod, wink wink-Ed)...I have no idea what you're talking about...(well Troy Bell said that he was looking forward to Mr Brock's return and that he would, and I quote, "work up the briefs"...tell me that doesn't sound sus-Ed)...you idiot...Mr Bell was talking about the 'fact files' (the briefs) that he's going to prepare for Mr Brock so that the Minister can have a thorough understanding of the critical issues in the South East...(oh-Ed)...

Apparently the visit is about 'getting to know the issues' and Mr Brock will hopefully return soon...Mr Bell stated that he'll 'work up the briefs' for Fracking, Wireless Rd Traffic Lights, Brown's Bay amenities, etc...I lost track a bit here but Mr Bell was also very excited about a $10million Jobs Accelerator Fund to help support industries with capacity to increase employment immediately...and he said "call me"...(oh gord he's gonna regret that-Ed)...only if I have my way...and he's in Don Pegler's old office (which is an 'electoral office'). 

Trees Company: One Forty One Plantations have dominated The Border Watch over the last week with multiple articles offering various opinions re the massive growth in Saw Log exports from the Port of Portland...I have attached some of these articles in the last 2 posts, but there were more Friday 4th April 2014 and again yesterday Tuesday 8th April, and again today Domestic preference on logs and State Government reports no contractual breaches.

The abject disaster of the South East Forestry Estate Sale has been well documented...a viable industry with a $100million plus gross annual profit subsidising $50m-$60m of Forestry SA wages and Fire prevention, etc, leaving a net yearly profit of $40m (approx figures)...a government department that made $40m profit per year...(yeah, better sell that-Ed)...already have champ...and at approx only 2/3 what it was actually worth, $680m instead of over $1billion.

I re-iterate: this loss of income means that the $680m gained will be over-run by the loss of income in only 7 years, and the need to cover those remaining costs means a further deficit of $50m-$60m per year, so that makes it minus $150m minimum per year...(whaaa?-Ed)...well there's no $100m coming in per year, but we still need to find that $50m approx for wages, etc...(well Labor has helped that situation by axing heaps of jobs-Ed)...indeed...which means that the income lost will overtake the sale price after only 5 years.

Five years and we'll have already lost any financial advantage and many of the 'conditions' placed on 141 re guaranteed supply to local processors will expire...(so after 5 years it's basically all profit for 141 and we get whatever's left-Ed)...pretty much...and in the interim 141 are monitoring themselves and reporting on themselves to the Weatherill Labor government...(and let me guess, they're doing everything perfectly and everything's just fine-Ed)...indeed.   

And again, this 'Lease of 3 Forward Rotations'...(well that's over 110 years so lets' stick with Sale-Ed)...fair enough, this Sale was solely to fund the ridiculous $600m Adelaide Oval Redevelopment itself facilitated by the $90m 'debt pay-off' bribe to the SA Cricket Assoc...and it is a simply unsupportable argument to say that the Oval is a financial boon for the state that will pay for itself because it needs to make $100m a year just to recover what has been lost to finance it.  

I completely reject the farcical shenanigans of the Labor created Forestry Roundtable that then morphed into the Forestry Industry Advisory Board...the Roundtable was solely about shutting down the widespread protests with fake promises of regulation and protections for local producers...those 'conditions' only last 5-10 years and don't restrict 141 Plantations from plundering the Forestry resource and then just moving on.

Given the rank corruption that defines the South Australian Labor Party, there must be an Independent investigation of the Sale...are there similar connections between Labor and 141 Plantations as with other planning and development issues, eg, the direct family connections between former Premier Mike Rann and Turbine company Acciona and the openly Fascist Wind Turbine legislation of October 2011?...nothing would surprise me...(if it was all legit?-Ed)...well ok, that would surprise me....

Unfortunately I cannot support Forestry Expert Dr Jerry Leech's call for a Royal Commission, because it will just be another DeBelle Inquiry put together by Weatherill et al to exonerate Weatherill et al...I myself have been guilty of being involved in pointless Inquiries set up and run by corrupt politicians and public officials and I myself have been guilty of being politely compliant and respectful in those corrupt Inquiries...and never again...

And I'm going to finish here with reference to the A Current Affair story that's just run with the cast of Hey Dad re the abuses committed by, and recent conviction of, Robert Hughes...which is why, despite all my previous promises this post;

Tomorrow: Sledgislation - Defamation Legislation The SA Way

My experience of 'Defamation Legislation' and how it is applied in South Australia...effectively a self-justifying review of what I've been threatened with and/or involved in over the years just for trying to get something done about the St Martins Lutheran School Child Abuse Cover-up...

I am Nick Fletcher and this is my blog...cheers and laters...


No comments:

Post a Comment