Saturday, April 19, 2014

Short Holiday Post Re Bus Shelter

Hello and welcome to a very short holiday post in this here blog...I have wanted to print the attached article from The Border Watch Friday 6th January 2011since I 're-discovered' it a few weeks ago...it is a long way from getting this sort of letter printed, let alone in the manner it was presented, to getting myself 'banned' from TBW.

When published, I nearly missed my own letter because it looks like an actual article, and said presentation contributes to the credibility of the letter, ie, it looks like it's meant to be part of the paper and that gives it more gravitas and believability, particularly the addition of the picture...and because I'm a stupid ol' hippy who doesn't bear grudges well, I use this perfect opportunity to state...

I may not have handled things quite perfectly when it comes to dealing with some people over some of the issues that I've covered in this blog...(and some stuff that'll never be in the blog-Ed)...indeed, all of all that stuff...it is conceivable that I may occasionally not have handled things as well as I might...it is just possible that I may plausibly have erred in my manner and/or conduct...(wow, way to almost take responsibility for one's own faults and failings-Ed)...thankyou...

In My Own Defense Again: I can only say again that 1) I'm trying, and 2) passion is not always beautiful...I'll continue to try and try to continue improving...what's already been said and/or written cannot easily be retracted and much of it I wouldn't wish to, but I do understand that sometimes I expect way too much and then sometimes out of naivety and sometimes out of hope...(and often hope and naivety are one and the same thing-Ed)...indeed Ed, indeed...   

Forestry Losses: the numbers have been all over the place re the potential job losses planned for Forestry SA over the next 2 years...from 300 down to 150 to 100 then 70-80 and now according to The Border Watch Wednesday 16th April 2014 it's 150 statewide and approx 100 of those in the South East...even people like Brad Coates of the CFMEU (the Construction, Forestry, Mining and Energy Union)...(soon to be the CMEU apparently-Ed)...indeed...say they struggle to ascertain the exact employee numbers at Forestry SA, but the loss forecasts are fairly accurate. 

Hang On A Minute: from Mt Gambier City Council's meeting May 17th 2011 and you'll find reference to a Mr Nick Fletcher standing up at the end, when Council kicks the 'public' out of it's meetings to conduct 'Super Secret Business', and Mr Fletcher apparently wasn't too impressed about a Councillor coming to his home with a threatening letter...(the deuce you say-Ed)...

Just Googled my own name the other day...(as one does-Ed)...and this came up on the menu...and I offer it as yet another example of 2 things...1) most obviously the practice of 'Excluding the Public' from public meetings to hide decisions made re the expenditure of ratepayers money, but also 2) that even though I was technically 'outta line' by standing up and speaking in the meeting, that's all that happened...I was being 'excluded' so I said my piece very briefly, handed over my correspondence, and went about my business...

And with Council possibly considering employing a person solely to manage social media, eg, Facebook, Twitter, as per some large Adelaide based Councils surely they could organise to pod-cast their meetings...nobody's allowed to say and/or do anything at meetings unless pre-organised and Council is always bangin' on about 'liaising with the citizenry' and 'Social Inclusion', etc, so here's a way to get Council's message right into people's homes, their phones, etc...

Anyhoos, if you've had a gutful of my Rail Lands lambasting and/or Lady Nelson Bus Shelter patter no need to read further,

Tomorrow: The Council Meeting As Promised

Hope your Easter Saturday is going (has gone) just swimmingly...

I am Nick Fletcher and this is my blog...cheers and laters



No comments:

Post a Comment