Friday, April 18, 2014

Have A Good Short Friday Post

Hello Bulgaria, France, Spain, and Aotearoa (New Zealand)...and welcome to the blog...and I've never really understood why the day that, according to legend, Jesus was crucified and died, why that day would be called 'Good'...but there you go...apparently it's something about the good things that we get because Jesus died, to rise again, etc...(so it's all about what's in it for us then?-Ed)...well not quite like that...I think it's more about the sacrifice that he allegedly made...

And I say 'alleged' because there are plenty of people who believe it's all piffle and/or montages of Ancient and/or Pagan tales and/or Festivals used to assimilate pagan tribes, etc, etc, eg, Christmas is on the Winter Solstice, Easter is the Anglo-Saxon festival around the end of Winter, something about the Dawn Goddess...and some who belief Jesus did exist but was just a bloke who was actually preaching a form of Buddhism that he learned during his Uni gap year in Asia Minor, Nepal, et al...(fascinating...get on with it-Ed).

(And don't you mean the sacrifice that his father allegedly made-Ed)...well no it was the Romans and/or other persons who were responsible for the physical act of torturing and crucifying Jesus...(yes, but his father allowed it to happen-Ed)...well yeah allegedly...(seems unlikely if you ask me-Ed)...but that's religion for ya', it doesn't necessarily make sense all the time...(ya' gotta' have faith, right-Ed)... 

It seems trite to give it one paragraph but wrong to not mention it at all, the Indian Election could lose our entire electoral roll worth of votes and not even notice...800million registered voters...180m voters aged under 25...I understand that the Bharatiya Janata Party are considered front runners, with the recently successful Aam Aadmi continuing to do well with their 'Anti-Corruption' platform...however, the general observation is that regardless of which party wins, life for the vast majority of Indians will not change at all...

It seems equally trite to just mention the violent attacks by Muslim gangs right cross Nigeria, attacks that are becoming a daily occurrence with bombings, murders, and kidnappings...I really don't know what to say about this, yet more Sectarian based violence that in many respects defies basic societal norms...in this campaign children are deliberately being targetted, particularly with attacks on schools and the recent kidnapping of over 100 girls from a boarding school...sorry, moving on... 
    
Feedback: following the recent short 'Comment' that was a question, I have really gone through that whole issue of 'why do I stay here?'...(but you already do that everyday anyway-Ed)...not everyday, just most days...(fair enough-Ed)...and a big part of it for me is that now Mt Gambier is my home, for what ever reason...(whether anyone likes it or not, yourself included-Ed)...exactly...my little house is my home...and after that comes being responsible and not turning away just because things get a little unpleasant...("a little unpleasant"?...whatta' ya' call that?...anti-hyperbole-Ed).

Sometimes one just has to accept that life isn't all beer and skittles and fully appreciate that whilst one may have undoubtedly had a wee bitta' shizzle goin' down in one's immediate vicinity, one still has the globally extraordinary level of comfort that one experiences compared to 95%+ of the planets population...one...I don't want that Flouride bullshit in my water but I still have technically potable water on tap, hot water only 5 seconds away, my little TV and Xbox, a cheapy laptop...(hey, who you callin' cheap?...come here when it suits you and start punchin' my buttons...takin' liberties...it's an outrage-CLT).

I've managed to 'borrow' the $1500 for my 'new' little car and that's a luxury many cannot afford...and I ain't sleepin' in it...I could go on about everything I do or don't have but the point is I'm genuinely grateful for what I have and that pushes me to try to improve things for people who can't necessarily do it for themselves...it's why I'm so rabid about all things public transport, because I consider it a basic public service...which segues nicely into the Old Rail Lands stuff.

Went past there yesterday and was greeted with yet another large hole but this time it's going to be filled with cement as part of a fake lake/pond/creek thingy with a drainage pond attachment...and I've had the same conversation with several people about the Old Station where they have commented that nothing seems to be getting done on the building itself...please review previous posts for the broader issues re the Rail Lands Retail Agenda, an agenda that finds the Old Station surplus to requirements...(well actually it's right in the road of the RLRA-Ed)...fair enough...

Furthermore, I have been wanting to get stuck into Mt Gambier City Council about the current closure of the Tourist Hut thingy at the Umpherston Cave site and of the Centenary Tower...it's a shocking look for Mt Gambier that two of our major 'touristy things' are shut...the Cave Hut thing is the first 'Tourism' spot that visitors on the road from Melbourne encounter, and the Tower is the premium viewing point for the entire area.

But I'm going to take this opportunity to segue into a big positive finish to this shortish holiday post, because the people who were until recently operating the Centenary Tower have stepped into the breach for the Easter break...(and good on them I say-Ed)...indeed, massive kudos to Bob and Vivian Peters for coming forward to go back up there and open the Tower for tourists...(well done thems peoples-Ed)...indeed...  

Tomorrow: Just Another Post of Extraordinary Quality

(Copying something off Wikipedia then?-Ed)...probably...that or make some shizzle up...(how's about 'everybody's corrupt and it's not good enough'-Ed)...yeah, done that...('I'm not happy don't ya' know'?-Ed)...yeah, done that one too...anyhoos...

I am Nick Fletcher and this is my blog...cheers and laters...

 

No comments:

Post a Comment