Thursday, May 11, 2017

An Absence Of Malice - Latest Court Stuff

Howdy y'all and pardon the lack of pleasantries and formalities but this here's just a very quick  intermediate post to get y'alls through to tomorrow...

Quick background for new availees...li'l ol' "controversial" and "notorious" blogger Nicholas "Nick" Francis Fletcher has been on 'Trial' since February 2015, following a SAPol (police) Anti-Corruption Branch investigation called 'Operation Baritone', which was referred to SAPol sometime mid-February 2014 by the Independent Commission Against Corruption's Comm Lander after his investigation of me...from ICAC to SAPol ACB, a multi-layered investigation involving multiple officers, raiding my home in May 2014, etc, and all for my alleged heinous crime of discussing an alleged ICAC investigation of Mt Gambier City Council...(you bastard!-Ed)...apparently...

This has been discussed over and over in Court and reported in the media...(sort of-Ed)...well quite, but the point being that it's not Contempt of Court or anything like that for me to be discussing this...(but in a context where any-and-all discussion of any aspect of ICAC operations and/or functioning, any such discussion is a breach of ICAC Act 2012 Section 56, eg, the Sow Strayn' Law Society making public comments about ICAC investigating the Oakden Nursing Home abuse cover-up corruption-Ed)...well exactly...(and then there's Mt Gambier City Council holding that truly bizarre and highly illegal Special Meeting re Mayor Andrew Lee's staggering succession of non-recollections re a Ratepayer-funded dinner in China with his soon-to-be business partner in a Coonawarra area winery, and multiple failures to declare re said winery, etc, served-up with luxurious lashings of self-contradiction and constant re-revisioning of the 'facts', all as reported on the ABC and/or in The Border Watch and/or The Advertiser-Ed)...all great points, all well made...

Take these two examples and lay my shizzle over it, and one gets a very broad but definitive demonstration of just how vastly powerful the ICAC Act 2012 is, and therefore how powerful the ICAC Commissioner is, but also that the legislation itself is so vast as to be undefinable...but I digress...

To The Latest News:...and I was back in Court yesterday (Wednesday May 10th 2017) and there's been yet a further delay as Magistrate White has been taken ill...at this time I cannot say what the health issue is, 'cos I don't know, nor can I say when the next hearing date will be...(yeah, yeah, we've been through all of this in the last coupla' posts, 'SAPol ACB's Gardner has been taken ill mid-evidence and won't be back anytime before August 2017', etc, and you reckon she won't be back ever because of the faults in the SAPol ACB investigation and/or the SAPol Prosecution, etc, etc, all covered in the last posts, yeah?-Ed)...yes, but that's not what I said...(and what do you mean, 'this week'? I thought you said that you were door-knocked by SAPol at 2030hrs on April 27th 2017, and handed a new Summons to appear in Court last week, on the Monday May 1st 2017, for that stuff, and it was stated by Magistrate White that days 4 and 5 of this 'Second Trial' would proceed, next week, etc, etc-Ed)...yeah yeah, that's all true, but it's not what I said...(sorry, I think it is-Ed)...just start from the beginning...

(Ok, sure..."back in Court...further delay...Magistrate White has been taken ill"...hang on, Magistrate White?-Ed)...yep...(Magistrate White has also been taken ill?-Ed)...or took an undignified tumble off his polo pony or mis-parkoured straight into the side of an unsuspecting public building balustrade or popped a hammy' doin' a PB at Burpee Bootcamp, something, I dunno'...(sorry sorry, hang on, all that stuff last week, that was SAPol ACB's Gardner going on some sort of 'sick leave', yeah?-Ed)...yep...(and then this week, yesterday, you've been in again and now Magistrate White is on 'sick leave?-Ed)...correct...(why?-Ed)...dunno', I don't have any explanation other than 'he's not well'...(for how long?-Ed)...for a coupla' weeks at least, not sure, certainly enough to force the 2 days of Trial set-down for next week (May 15th-16th) to be 'vacated'...(but?...how?-Ed)...well, let's see...

On Tuesday May 9th 2017 I received a phone message from the Mt Gambier Courthouse, 'please contact us, it's urgent', so I did, and was told that Magistrate White was crook and then later, could I come in at 0945hrs 'tomorrow' (being now yesterday Wed 10th May), and I said 'sure', and in I went, best Court trousers on, and Magistrate Anderson officially vacated those 2 days next week, stating that I'll receive a phonecall in late May to let me know what's happening...(I ummm, I, I'm really not quite sure where to start with this, there's so much going on here-Ed)...sure, so that's why it's going to be multi-posts probably...(probably?!-Ed)...and this is just a briefish sort of introductory post to set-out where exactly we're at with this Court stuff at the moment...(and where is that exactly?-Ed)...absolutely no idea...(t'riffic, just t'riffic-Ed)...

Anybody who knows anything about me will appreciate that whilst I will relentlessly crack classic gags about people tumblin'-off their pampered pit-pony or jumping maniacally into the side of a building, etc, etc, I take absolutely no genuine pleasure or sense of satisfaction or vindication or vengeance or retribution or whatevs, not none of it, and not least of all because of my own Cancer history and Mental Health issues, etc...I'm in the splendidly fortunate position of having suffered just exactly enough to be able to be 100% empathetic if not specifically sympathetic...I raised this very issue with Magistrate White on Monday May 1st re the "invidious position" I was in re ACB Gardner's sudden and lengthy absence and mine own issues that I do own so well, and how those self-same issues may affect/infect others, and the sense that I was in-part likely responsible for this 'illness'...it's not about being the better person, it's about a being smart enough person to recognise and accept faults and failings in others...

For all that's been done to me, and the lies, etc, still I take absolutely no genuine pleasure in my belief that 'tis highly likely that my politely brutal dismantling of Det Gardner's evidence and personal testimony has visited upon her such stress as to cause or at least contribute strongly to her illness/absence...and it doesn't help that I haven't been provided any explanation...and being in this place of anger and frustration with this person, etc, yet still maintaining that sense of compassion for them, it doesn't make me a better man than anyone else, it just makes me a better man...(mate, I gotta' say, for the generally jovial gentle giant that you are, and that people know you are, for all that, you still have a way about you that's just massively 'heavy', I don't know how better to describe it-Ed)...I like to think I bring due reverance and passion to the debate, and when the subject matter gets heavy and/or I'm forced to defend myself, both in play re my Court stuff, then I have what it takes to do so...(and fair enough-Ed)...   

In every context these people have bought big bad angry me into their lives and I'm going to take exactly as much responsibility for my own conduct as is reasonable...(and after that?-Ed)...and after that, I'm in a pitched battle with the State Rann/Weatherill Labor government and it's various Authorities like SAPol, ICAC, the Crown Solicitor, etc, and there are clearly just no rules...and for all of that, all I have to do is stand my ground and be truthful, and that right there's where your 'heavy' comes into it, the Truth is what's heavy, I just bring that...

Tomorrow: Expanding On This Topic 

(That'll be just swell, get it? swell? expanding, swell, yeah?-Ed).........I am Nick Fletcher and this is a very short post on this 'ere my blog...cheers and laters...                        

No comments:

Post a Comment